2.5 Mile Road Course
The layout is built for speed, but combines speed with turns and elevation changes to offer a unique challenge. It is possible for a capable car or motorcycle to exceed 160mph on the front straightway.
Learn More about Big Willow below.
Big Willow Turns:
- Turn 1: “Castrol corner” is a 90 degree high speed left-hander.
- Turn 2: “The Rabbits Ear” is a double apex sweeper
- Turn 3/4: “The Omega” is an uphill and downhill section with camber change, this is the most technical segment of the layout
- Turn 5: A quick left-hander that sets up for the fastest sections of the track
- Turn 6: “Monroe Ridge” is a gradual bump. It is common for fast riders on higher powered motorcycles to lift the front wheel over this downhill section. A good line and drive through this turn is essential for a good lap time.
- Turn 7: “Repass Pass” – a slight bend in the track.
- Turn 8: High speed right hand corner. The lead in to this turn is the fastest section of the racetrack and coupled with the turn itself – probably the most critical for a good lap time. It is also the fastest turn on any racetrack west of the Mississippi River.
- Turn 9: Decreasing radius right hander, with a big dip right before the apex. A good line through this turn is crucial for top speed on the front straightway to the start/finish line.
(Check Calendar for available dates.)
- Current W.S.I.R. membership required for drivers @ $75.00 per calendar year.
- Race-prepared vehicles only (excluding karts and drifting). Unlimited number of vehicles allowed.
- Reservations preferred. Notice of cancellation appreciated.
- No emergency personnel provided. No passengers allowed. Photography from spectator areas only.
Fees as of January 11th, 2022:
$100.00 per driver / $75.00 per vehicle / $10.00 per crew member Mon-Thurs. / $20.00 per crew member Fri-Sun. (any person over 8 years old).
Rental Rates & Information:
Exclusive Rental Fees: Weekday-$3,750, Weekend day – $5,000 and half day is $2,500.
- Reservations required. 50% confirmation deposit required. All deposits transferable, but not refundable.
- 7 days advance cancellation mandatory for all weekday events and 90 days notice for any weekend events. A failure to comply may result in forfeiture of deposit.
- For testing and tuning purposes. Current W.S.I.R. membership for driver is acceptable.
- For all other uses such as commercial filming, ride and drives or production car development, a $5 million combined single limit certificate of insurance is required, listing required parties as “Willow Springs Raceway as additional insured” and date of event, unless insurance is a blanket policy.
- WE WILL NO LONGER BE SELLING ELECTRICITY.
ELECTRICITY WILL BE AVAILABLE TO THOSE WHO HAVE RENTED A GARAGE ONLY.
- AS OF JANUARY 1, 2011
ALL EXCLUSIVE EVENTS WILL BE MANDATORY TO HAVE EITHER INFIELD MOTORSPORTS SAFETY OR HALL AMBULANCE. IF YOU REQUIRE AN AMBULANCE YOU MUST CALL WSIR MAIN OFFICE AND WE WILL BOOK IT FOR YOU.