2.5 Mile Road Course
The main track at Willow Springs Raceway, informally called the “Big Willow”, consists of 9 turns.
The layout is built for speed, but combines speed with turns and elevation changes to offer a unique challenge. It is possible for a capable car or motorcycle to exceed 160mph on the front straightway.
Learn More about Big Willow below.
Big Willow Turns:
- Turn 1: “Castrol corner” is a 90 degree high speed left-hander.
- Turn 2: “The Rabbits Ear” is a double apex sweeper
- Turn 3/4: “The Omega” is an uphill and downhill section with camber change, this is the most technical segment of the layout
- Turn 5: A quick left-hander that sets up for the fastest sections of the track
- Turn 6: “Monroe Ridge” is a gradual bump. It is common for fast riders on higher powered motorcycles to lift the front wheel over this downhill section. A good line and drive through this turn is essential for a good lap time.
- Turn 7: “Repass Pass” – a slight bend in the track.
- Turn 8: High speed right hand corner. The lead in to this turn is the fastest section of the racetrack and coupled with the turn itself – probably the most critical for a good lap time. It is also the fastest turn on any racetrack west of the Mississippi River.
- Turn 9: Decreasing radius right hander, with a big dip right before the apex. A good line through this turn is crucial for top speed on the front straightway to the start/finish line.
(Check Calendar for available dates.)
- Current W.S.I.R. membership required for drivers @ $75.00 per calendar year.
- Race-prepared vehicles only (excluding karts and drifting). Unlimited number of vehicles allowed.
- Reservations preferred. Notice of cancellation appreciated.
- No emergency personnel provided. No passengers allowed. Photography from spectator areas only.
TEST AND TUNE (Fridays only) – $100 per car $125 per driver $75 per universal membership good for calendar year
SEMI EXCLUSIVE – $500.00 for first car/driver $200 each additional car and $200 each additional driver, unlimited crew
LAY DOWN KARTS – $200 PER KARTER INCLUDES MEMBERSHIP – SEMI EXCLUSIVE DATES ONLY
Rental Rates & Information:
Exclusive Rental Fees: HALF DAY $3,500.00, WEEKDAY $4,750.00 and WEEKEND DAY $6,000.00
- Reservations required. 50% confirmation deposit required. All deposits transferable, but not refundable.
- Our cancellation policy for weekdays (Monday thru Thursday) is 30 days. Weekends, Fridays & holidays cancellation is 120 days’ notice. If policies are not met entire track rent is due.
- For testing and tuning purposes. Current W.S.I.R. membership for driver is acceptable.
- For all other uses such as commercial filming, ride and drives or production car development, a $5 million Combined Single Limit Certificate of Insurance is REQUIRED listing Willow Springs Motorsports Park as additional insured’.
- WE WILL NO LONGER BE SELLING ELECTRICITY.
ELECTRICITY WILL BE AVAILABLE TO THOSE WHO HAVE RENTED A GARAGE ONLY.
- AS OF JANUARY 1, 2011
ALL EXCLUSIVE EVENTS WILL BE MANDATORY TO HAVE EITHER INFIELD MOTORSPORTS SAFETY OR HALL AMBULANCE. IF YOU REQUIRE AN AMBULANCE YOU MUST CALL WSIR MAIN OFFICE AND WE WILL BOOK IT FOR YOU.