North from the Administration Office will take you to the Hot Pit area. The road leading in this direction is intended for Competitors, Vendors, Race Officials and Emergency Vehicles. Please keep this road clear. If you drive any type of motor vehicle in the Pits, the absolute speed limit is 5 mph. In addition to watching out for pedestrians and street vehicles, you have to keep in mind that race vehicles may have limited visibility, so give them plenty of room.
Because of the busy nature of the Pits, a degree of caution must be used to ensure that everyone in the Pit Area is as safe as possible:
- The Yellow Wall separates the Paddock from the Hot Pit Lane. Do not cross over this wall without permission, and never sit or stand on it.
- Smoking is strictly prohibited in the Pit Area at all times.
- An adult must always directly supervise small children, and pets must be kept on leashes & under physical supervision at all times.
- Most competitors are willing to talk or to sign autographs, but remember to respect their workspace and privacy.
- Use of bicycles, skates, scooters and other non-motorized vehicles is allowed. Proper safety equipment and common sense are required.
Please use common sense and courtesy. To help eliminate danger, the top speed limit on all access roads in 20 mph and is strictly enforced. Dirt bikes, quads and other off-road type vehicles are permitted, but must keep to maintained roads on the property. Speeding, off-road activity, spinning tires and other acts of this nature will be cause for anyone to be asked to leave the premises without a refund.
Separating the West and East Paddocks are the old Willow Springs Offices. Classrooms, Timing & Scoring, and VIP areas are above these buildings.